Eberly Center, OTE Merge Under Marsha Lovett
The following announcement is from Provost and Executive Vice Presdent Mark Kamlet and Vice Provost for Education Amy Burkert.
We are pleased to announce the merger of the Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence and the Office of Technology for Education. The new unit will be named the Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence and Educational Innovation and will be directed by Marsha Lovett.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The Eberly Center in its new configuration will support CMU programs, faculty, and graduate students in the following areas of teaching, learning, and educational technology:
- Course design and re-design, including the planning of courses/programs online;
- Ongoing teaching support, including teaching with technology;
- Identifying effective educational technologies and designing learning experiences to meet teaching and learning needs;
- Incorporating new instructional strategies;
- Trouble-shooting teaching/learning problems;
- Applying learning science research to the current context;
- Offering faculty and graduate student workshops, including incoming faculty orientation;
- Collecting and disseminating best practices for education;
- Learning management system administration and support.
The Eberly Center will continue to work in close collaboration with the Open Learning Initiative, Academic Technology Services, faculty in the Learning Sciences and other related units on campus as we strive to advance our work at the interface of education and technology.
For more information, please visit the Eberly website at www.britneypictures.org/teaching.
Amy L. Burkert
Vice Provost for Education
Mark S. Kamlet
Provost and Executive Vice President