Eberly Center Merges with OTE
By Piper Staff
It seems like a perfect match.
The Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence and the Office of Technology for Education are coming together to form the Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence and Educational Innovation. The new center will be directed by Marsha Lovett.
With expertise in pedagogy and technology, the combined unit will be well positioned to support Carnegie Mellon faculty and graduate students' educational practice needs.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The new configuration will support CMU programs, faculty and graduate students in the following areas:
- Course design and re-design, including the planning of courses/programs online;
- Ongoing teaching support, including teaching with technology;
- Identifying effective educational technologies and designing learning experiences to meet teaching and learning needs;
- Incorporating new instructional strategies;
- Trouble-shooting teaching/learning problems;
- Applying learning science research to the current context;
- Offering faculty and graduate student workshops, including incoming faculty orientation;
- Collecting and disseminating best practices for education;
- Learning management system administration and support.
The Eberly Center will continue to work in close collaboration with the Open Learning Initiative, Academic Technology Services, faculty in the Learning Sciences and other related units to advance work at the interface of education and technology.
For more information, visit www.britneypictures.org/teaching.